Due to the high numbers of young riders at The Works Skatepark we now have a new addition to our terms and conditions.
From 1st May 2012 all riders aged 10 and under will need to participate in an induction and are only able to use the skatepark at set times.
The inductions will take place on a Monday evening between 4pm and 6pm. There will be no extra cost to the entry price. Once the induction is completed there is test which must be taken and it must be passed in order to complete the induction. You will be issued with an induction card which you will need to bring with you to every session.
Riders aged 10 and under can the only use the skatepark on a weekday between 4pm and 6pm, if they do not do the induction. Changes may be made to this in holidays times or when we feel necessary. Once they have done the induction they can use the park any time they like.
Under 10’s Terms and Conditions
- Entrance policy for users 10 and under (minimum age to enter the park is 6 years old).
- We will be opening sessions between 4 – 6 pm Monday – Friday for young users.
- All users 10 and under will need to attend and complete a compulsory induction session. A parent or guardian must also attend and supervise.
- Young users will have to complete an induction and safety test with The Works Skatepark coaches, learning safe play in the park for themselves and others.
- Young users need to attend 2 coaching sessions during the week, as well as their induction session in order to receive a Works Skatepark induction card.
- Our coaches will sign each user off individually, as and when they have satisfactorily completed the points above.
- Once all sessions are completed, each young user will be able to enter The Works Skatepark during ‘normal’ opening hours.
- If any young user is seen to break any of The Works Skatepark’s T&C’s or ride in a manner, which is dangerous to themselves or other skatepark users they will be asked to leave. There is a strict three-strike policy, on the third strike they will have their card revoked and have to go back, and complete another induction session.
- The users and their parent/ guardian will need to sign the code of conduct/ T&C’s so everyone knows what is expected from young riders when riding The Works Skatepark.
- The Works Skatepark reserves the right to refuse admission to any young user whether they have met all of our induction requirements or not. Management’s decision is final.